Forum

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Posts [ 7 ]

1  - 20 January 2015 20:02

Hi, I'm new to this so looking for advice.

I would like to enter some races this year.
Do the races sell out much before hand? (sport cat) or can you buy entry on the day most times?
As I understand it, to get ranking points i would need the silver membership and a full race license?

I see you get double points in the one off championship races. Could I enter these also or is there some sort of qualifying system for them?

Thanks.

2  - 20 January 2015 20:42

National XC races are pre-entry only except for Sport but regional races never sell out and on the day is fine. You get ranking points at all regional races and some others. No qualifying for Sport cat.

3  - 20 January 2015 22:16

Ok thanks. I have got a race licence now. smile
So the highest category I can enter is Sport correct?
And it would take a year to get into the next category (Expert).
And a further year to get into the elite cat. Provided you have the qualifying points/placing.
Of course i'll probably struggle in the sport cat, but just checking I am starting in the right place.
Looking forward to some good racing wherever I end up in the field.

4  - 21 January 2015 13:14

For National XC you do need to pre-enter Sport; it is only open and fun that are available on the day.

You will need to finish in the top xx of the sport cat to progess to expert and so on to elite. With the Masters cat having been abolished at National races that just got harder! The BC website rankings page details the exact information.

The cat you can enter can be dependant upon your age, but guessing you're younger than 39, sport it is. 40+ and you could go straight into Vets.

In terms of National Champs, the sport race is separate and pre-entry as I recall. However you would have the option to race senior which is pre-entry about 3-4wks before the race; you would effectively then be racing with the elites/experts.

At regional level you can usually race in a different category if you so desire, e.g. expert instead of sport but you wouldn't get any ranking points and therefore this wouldn't help you with your overall BC ranking position at the end of the year.

5  - 21 January 2015 15:11

Thanks, Sport it is then.
Looking at the National races they have the Sport with the Open cat on the saturday.
So guess i'd want to try and start near the front for that.
For the regional races all the categories are together (same time) elite/expert/sport/open.
Would the elite/expert riders get a separate start or start area?
If there together i'm not sure how far forward i'd want to get? Wouldn't want to get in the way.
Wouldn't want to get held up either.
Whats the etiquette for grid placing?

6  - 23 January 2015 10:46

Gridding:
At the Nationals all licenced Cat are gridded by series standing and national ranking so at Sherwood expect to be in the car park!  Newnham your gird position will be dicated by finishing position at Sherwood.

Regional races differ depending on numbers, here in the S/W, Elite/Expert usually head off at the same time with Sport being sent up the road a few minutes later.  Gridding is on a first come first served basis.  Southerns maybe slightly different as they have a greater number of competitors.

have fun and enjoy the racing, don't get too stressed about everything else.

Rob
(vet so really should know better, returning to the National after a 2 yr break so I'll also be in the carpark smile )

7  - 23 January 2015 14:22

Ok thats good, I know what to expect now. Thanks guys/Rob.
Looking forward to it. smile

Posts [ 7 ]

You must login or register to post a reply

Advertise your business/event here »

XCRACER FORUM LATEST

S-works XC tyres

by billyhedge
1 Reply 1,663 Views Last post: 29 March 2019 16:36 by ramsonroni

Battle on the beach entry

by slickster146
1 Reply 525 Views Last post: 29 March 2019 13:13 by slickster146
2 Replies 1,010 Views Last post: 27 March 2019 17:25 by JP1